Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Freckles TBR

Freckles will be reviewed by Adam and Danika

http://librivox.org/freckles-by-gene-stratton-porter/

Well I'm 3/4 through and just had to pop in to say that I LOVE this book. It's good, wholesome, has a wonderful moral message, and still has enough suspense and excitement that I'm having a hard time putting it down.
My normal plan was to only listen to my audio books while exercising but I've been listening to this one while doing everything today.

Adam is listening to his Freckles but not nearly as much as he did with The Enchanted Castle. I think that the suspense in this book is a little "older". He likes it but isn't so excited to get through it.

***Finished! What a wonderful book. Loved it. It had a lot more twists and turns than I expected. I will ask Adam if he wants to continue with it or if he wants to start a new one. It ended up being a lot older definitely. I thought it was just an adventure book from the beginning but it's a book that shows love, both parent and child and romantic. It spoke to my heart.

Possible discussion topics are courage, self-esteem, disabilities, honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment